Theme: Redundancies - Redundancies.
17A. Cash source, redundantly : ATM MACHINE. (automatic teller machine)
28A. 17-Across access code, redundantly : PIN NUMBER. (personal identification number)
38A. College entrance exam, redundantly : SAT TEST. (Originally, Scholastic Aptitude Test)
47A. Adobe file spec, redundantly : PDF FORMAT. (portable document format)
63A. PC linking system, redundantly : LAN NETWORK. (local area network)
Argyle here. This should make some Cornerites happy. They have complained about some of these redundancies before. I felt the fill was the right step-up in crunchiness from yesterday.
1. "Shake a leg!" : C'MON
5. Deprive of one's nerve : UNMAN
10. __ noire: dreaded thing : BÊTE
14. Sharpen : HONE
15. Herman's Hermits frontman Peter : NOONE
16. Skip over : OMIT
19. Gull relative : TERN
20. Sweet-talk : WHEEDLE
21. Ethiopia neighbor : ERITREA
23. Refine, as ore : SMELT
25. Flirtatiously shy : COY Miss Piggy 7D. "Little ol' me?" : "MOI?"
26. Half of sechs : DREI. German 6/3
33. Speaks too well of oneself : BOASTS
35. Sign before Virgo : LEO
36. Spanish explorer Hernando de __ : SOTO
37. Compact submachine gun : UZI
41. "I thought so!" : "A-HA!"
42. Tennis great Lacoste : RENÉ. Jean René Lacoste was a French tennis player and businessman. He was nicknamed "the Crocodile" by fans because of his tenacity on the court; he is also known worldwide as the creator of the Lacoste tennis shirt, which he introduced in 1929.~ Wikipedia
44. Apt. coolers : ACs
45. Large __ Collider: particle accelerator : HADRON. Brief background from Wiki.
50. Empties (of) : RIDS
51. Frequently, in poems : OFT
52. Drivel : TRIPE
54. Dickens miser : SCROOGE
58. Gracious : AMIABLE
62. Berth place : PIER. For the berthing of boats.
65. Los Angeles-to-Phoenix direction : EAST
66. Novelist Jong : ERICA
67. Lip balm additive : ALOE
68. Things to connect : DOTS
69. First name in TV talk : ELLEN DeGeneres
70. Longings : YENS
1. Wad of tobacco : CHAW
2. Clothes closet pest : MOTH
3. "You can count __" : ON ME
4. Luthor and Zod, to Superman : NEMESES. Individually, each is a nemesis.
5. Ben or Sam : UNCLE
6. Like vague hints, usually : NO HELP
8. Author Rice : ANNE. No relation to Uncle Ben's Rice.
9. __-do-well : NE'ER
10. Bell-__: flared pants : BOTTOMS
11. Manicurist's buffer : EMERY BOARD
12. Run out of gas : TIRE
13. Sicilian volcano : ETNA
18. Opens the door to : ADMITS
22. Post-op setting : ICU
24. Attacks, knight-style : TILTS AT
26. Slept for a bit : DOZED
27. Amazonian ecosystem : RAIN FOREST
29. Alumna bio word : NÉE
30. Small snack : NOSH
31. Cultural values of a group : ETHOS
32. Colorful horse : ROAN. Did anybody ride a roan on the Ponderosa?
33. Tupperware sound : BURP
34. German coal region : SAAR
39. Film buff's sta. : TCM
40. Mammoth-preserving locale : TAR PIT. La Brea Tar Pits, bonus entry.
43. Serious attempts : EFFORTS
46. Wane : DIE AWAY
48. Oklahoma native : OTO or Otoe.
49. Hypnotic state : TRANCE
53. "In other words ..." : "I MEAN ..."
54. Risked a ticket : SPED
55. Florentine farewell : CIAO. Italian “hello, goodbye”.
56. TV musical comedy that ended in 2015 : "GLEE"
57. British peer : EARL
59. Tree trunk : BOLE
60. Dianetics creator __ Hubbard : L. RON. Dianetics is a set of ideas and practices regarding the metaphysical relationship between the mind and body which was created by L. Ron Hubbard and is practiced by followers of Scientology and separate independent Dianeticist groups.~ Wikipedia
61. Endures hardship to make, with "out" : EKEs
64. Zero, in soccer : NIL
I'd like to thank Wikipedia for their help in writing this piece.